CFW Unlocked Modded 3DS System!!
Create Account Log In
pokedit

A Basic Guide to Pok'e Mon Roles

Get and receive advice on building your party and customizing Pokemon.

Re: A Basic Guide to Pok'e Mon Roles

Postby » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:05 pm

hey poke'woman, you said to read this... i was thinking along the lines of 1 atk sweeper, 1 def sweeper, 1 tank, 1 support, 2 stalls, and 1 revenge killer. If the 2 stallers thing didnt work out, i would switch one of them to an atk sweeper, i know its pretty basic, but would it work out efficiently? 

Postby » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:07 pm

what pokemon (diamond/pearl) would suit these roles best? and im going legit, but i can switch to cheating if its needed for good online play 

Postby » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:49 pm

pokederp wrote:
what pokemon (diamond/pearl) would suit these roles best? and im going legit, but i can switch to cheating if its needed for good online play 
As far as I know, there has been a filter against cheating at least since the ds was made. Maybe on GB, but you get the Idea: they call the LEGAL not NATURAL, moves for a reason. Should you use illegal anything, the filter kicks in, saying that there is something wrong. So you HAVE to go legit. You CANNOT cheat for online play, even trading.
photo trainercard-SuperMarioGG_zps9f810f93.png

Location: Deep in the uderground crimson, Terraria (send help plz)

Postby » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:31 pm

GlitchMaster wrote:
pokederp wrote:
As far as I know, there has been a filter against cheating at least since the ds was made. Maybe on GB, but you get the Idea: they call the LEGAL not NATURAL, moves for a reason. Should you use illegal anything, the filter kicks in, saying that there is something wrong. So you HAVE to go legit. You CANNOT cheat for online play, even trading.
Glitch is right about that. Except the trading. You can trade illegitimate Pok'e Mon via the Union room only.

As for your choice on role distribution, I'm okay with it. What is an "atk sweeper" and a "def sweeper"? Do you mean "Physical Sweeper" and "Defensive Sweeper"? Because as far as I know, the only viable Defensive Sweeper in DPP is Aggron.
photo MySig_zpsbd7c5019.png

Postby » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:29 am

yes, that is what i mean, so aggron would be my def. sweeper? what would be a good physical sweep?

Postby » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:38 am

pokederp wrote:
yes, that is what i mean, so aggron would be my def. sweeper? what would be a good physical sweep?
You could add a Tyranitar and Garchomp to your team. Tyranitar will be the multi-role support and Garchomp will be your Physical Sweeper.

Postby » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:29 pm

there is something wrong with my internet connection for my d.s. , so i cant exactly use pokedit to get a tyranitar into the game... what should i switch it out for?

Postby » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:11 pm

pokederp wrote:
there is something wrong with my internet connection for my d.s. , so i cant exactly use pokedit to get a tyranitar into the game... what should i switch it out for?
Well, if you don't EV train them, there's absolutely NO way you can play online with them successfully.

You can catch Larvitar north of Oreburgh City in that grass patch on the left side of the mudslide thing. You have to use a Pok'e Radar.

You can't do that if you have Pok'e Mon Pearl. In Pearl, you can catch Bagon (which I actually prefer) just east of Celestic town on the foggy route. You can evolve that into a Salamence for an alternative to Tyranitar.

Postby » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:57 pm

ok, sorry, misunderstanding, i thought you meant finding pokemon while playing the main story, but thanks for the info, it is still useful, ill do this as soon as my internet works again

Postby » Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:49 pm

pokederp wrote:
ok, sorry, misunderstanding, i thought you meant finding pokemon while playing the main story, but thanks for the info, it is still useful, ill do this as soon as my internet works again
You CAN do what I just said during the main story... it's just hard.

PreviousNext

Return to Team Building